Αfter I arrive in Neohori village, how will I find the venue?
As soon as our guests arrive in Neochori village a member of our team welcomes and guide them to the venue which is a 20′ walk. We can help you with some luggages, however we definetly suggest you to avoid bringing a suitcase, but to prefer a backpack instead. Remember, you are in nature, and most routes in the village are earthy.
What time is check in and check out?
Check in is 16.00-18.00pm, check out is until 10am
Is the venue accessible by car?
The venue is accessible by car up to a point, however it is a dirt road. Then there is an uphill path of about 100m.
Is there power on site?
There is power in the venue, during specific time of the day, only for charging your phones/laptop.
Is there Wifi on site?
There is wifi on site during specific hours of the day. However we usually suggest to our guests to enjoy some “unplugged” days.
Is there security on site?
There is no security on site. Every participant is responsible for their personal items during their stay in the venue, and in case of loss the company bears no responsibility. However, we never had to deal with stealing incidents until now, and there is zero criminality in the village.
What would it be good to bring with me?
- Personal towel. The areas where the lessons will be held are shaded and the lessons will be held early in the morning and in the evening. Nevertheless, it’s summer and we’re in Greece, so it will be quite hot! We will sweat and need our towels.
- Comfortable clothes for classes. The temperature is generally high, and at night it doesn’t drop below 22 degrees so you don’t need to carry heavy clothes.
- Sports shoes or shoes that are comfortable for walking and movement practices. Some of the workshops may require shoes, or take place outside the studio, so it’s a good idea to have a pair with you. Don’t forget, we are in nature!
- Insect/mosquito repellent. The place has mosquitoes mostly in the early morning and in the evening, so it’s a good idea to bring an insect/mosquito repellent. It can also be helpful to have some long pants.
- Biodegradable shampoo and shower gel. The water from the showers is absorbed by the earth, that’s why we only use biodegradable shampoos and shower gels. We recommend that you bring your own, however in case this is difficult to transport (e.g. due to the flight) we will also have some available for purchase.
- Toothpaste/toothbrush, face/body towel for personal use, and everything related to your personal hygiene. Please keep in mind that there is no mini market etc. in the village. In case you need to buy something extra, the nearest mini market is 10’ by car, in Nidri, and it is not easy to go on foot.
- Flashlight/Head or hand torch. The campsite is dimly lit at night with solar rechargeable lights. Plus, there is light in the wc/shower area. However, it is necessary to have your personal torch or flashlight -or your smartphone’s.
- There is a first aid kit on site, however if you receive any special treatment, or have a specific allergy, it is good to have it with you.
- If you need to wash your clothes you can do it by hand in the wash basins at the campsite, only using green soap or some other natural cleaner and not using chemical soaps. There will be green soap powder on site, but it’s also a good idea to bring your own. Only for participants who are staying two weeks, there will be possibility of washing their clothes on Sunday, in a washing machine in the village for 3 euros / use. You can inform us when you need to wash your clothes, and help you with it.
- Yoga mat. There will be yoga mats available at the venue, however if it is not inconvenient for your travelling you can bring your own.
- In case you bring your tent, a mattress or anything else that will make your stay as comfortable as possible, depending on your needs.
Of course, for whatever you need, we will be there to help!
Is the venue accessible for wheelchair users?
No, the venue is not accessible to wheelchair users.
What are the facilities of Paleochori?
The land is cleaned and leveled with a number of retaining walls more than a hundred years old that have been recently restored, while the main element that stands out in the land is a large wooden patio of 100sm where practice takes place.
The space is equipped with autonomous wc facilities and showers with hot water, where we use only biodegradable soap and shampoo.
There are specially designed shaded areas for having our meals and for resting in the shadow under the trees with swings and hammocks.
There is power in order to charger phones/laptops -even though we suggest our guests to enjoy some “unplugged” days- and we also use solar lamps in order to light the area.
Our primal need was to treat the surrounding space with care and respect for the environment and all the living beings of the land.
Please let us know if you have more questions. We will be happy to help you!